About Valtec AM 5/80mg Tablet
Valtec AM 5/80mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure).
How effective is Valtec AM 5/80mg?
Valtec AM 5/80mg Tablet is composed of Amlodipine and Valsartan. Amlodipine refers to a class of medicines known as calcium channel blockers. Valsartan belongs to a group of medicines known as angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). Valtec AM 5/80mg shows effectiveness by relaxing blood vessels and make blood flow easier. Valtec AM 5/80mg also helps to prevent heart attacks, strokes, and kidney problems by lowering high blood pressure.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Valtec AM 5/80mg 1-2 times a day or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Valtec AM 5/80mg is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Valtec AM 5/80mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Valtec AM 5/80mg?
Some side effects may be caused by Valtec AM 5/80mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Congestion the nose
- Chest cold
- Sore throat
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- Unusual sweating
- Chest pain
- Persistent sore throat
- Signs of kidney problems
Valtec AM’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Valtec AM 5/80mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of liver disease, aortic stenosis, dehydration, and liver disease, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Valtec AM.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Do not take an overdose of Valtec AM 5/80mg for quick relief.
- Avoid driving after taking Valtec AM 5/80mg.
- Do not consume alcohol or marijuana with Valtec AM.
- Consult your doctor before using Valtec AM 5/80mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.