About Vepridone 2mg Tablet
Vepridone 2mg Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of psychological disorders, such as schizophrenia, mental disorders, and irritability associated with autistic disorder. It can help you to think clearly and take part in everyday life.
How effective is Vepridone 2mg?
Vepridone 2mg Tablet is composed of Risperidone and belongs to atypical antipsychotics. It works by blocking certain receptors in the brain where dopamine attaches and relieves the symptoms.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Vepridone 2mg once or twice a day or as per the patient’s response and clinical situation or as per the prescription. Maximum 16mg can be taken in a day.
For children (5 -17 years), Vepridone 2mg dose is calculated as per the body weight. Usual dose range is 0.25-2.5 mg/kg/day is recommended.
It is not recommended for children less than five years as its safety and efficacy is not established.
If you have any queries about Vepridone 2mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Vepridone 2mg?
Some side effects may be caused by Vepridone 2mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
- Trouble sleeping
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty in urinating
- Unusual tiredness
- Mental or mood changes
- Dark urine
Vepridone’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Vepridone 2mg without the doctor’s permission.
- Before using this drug, tell your doctor about your medical history, in particular electrolyte imbalance, liver illness, certain hormonal disorders, thyroid disease and renal disease.
- Tell your physician if you have Vepridone active ingredient allergy.
- Don’t take an overdose of Vepridone 2mg tablet for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Vepridone.
- Avoid driving after taking Vepridone 2mg.
- Do not suck or chew Vepridone 2mg and swallow it as a whole.
- Consult your doctor before using Vepridone 2mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.