About Valam 5/80mg Tablet
Valam 5/80mg Tablet is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
How effective is Valam 5/80mg?
Valam 5/80mg Tablet is composed of Amlodipine + Valsartan. Amlodipine refers to a class of drugs known as calcium channel blockers. Valsartan refers to a class of medicines identified as angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). Valam 5/80mg shows effectiveness by relaxing blood vessels and make blood flow easier. Valam 5/80mg also helps to prevent kidney problems, strokes, and heart attacks by lowering high blood pressure.What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Valam 5/80mg a day or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Valam 5/80mg is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Valam 5/80mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Valam 5/80mg?
Some side effects may be caused by Valam 5/80mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Abdominal pain
- Dry cough
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Chest or arm pain
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual sweating
- Muscle weakness
- Fast heartbeat
- Swelling of ankles or feet
- Persistent sore throat
Valam’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Valam 5/80mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, heart disease, liver disease, blood disorders, and kidney problems, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Valam.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Do not take an overdose of Valam 5/80mg for quick relief.
- Avoid driving after taking Valam 5/80mg.
- Do not consume alcohol or marijuana with Valam.
- Consult your doctor before using Valam 5/80mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.