About Valtec 160mg Tablet
Valtec 160mg Tablet is used for the treatment of heart failure and hypertension (high blood pressure). Valtec 160mg is also used to improve the chances of survival after a heart attack.
How effective is Valtec 160mg?
Valtec 160mg Tablet is composed of Valsartan, which belongs to a group of drugs known as angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). Valtec 160mg shows effectiveness by relaxing blood vessels and make blood flow easier. Valtec 160mg also helps to prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems by lowering high blood pressure.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), half a tablet or 1 tablet of Valtec 160mg a day or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Valtec 160mg is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Valtec 160mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Valtec 160mg?
Some side effects may be caused by Valtec 160mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Abdominal pain
- Fever or body aches
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Breathing problems
- Signs of kidney problems
- Severe dizziness
Valtec’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Valtec 160mg without the doctor’s permission.
- Share your medical history, especially of stomach problems, kidney disease, dehydration, and liver disease, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Valtec.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Do not take an overdose of Valtec 160mg for quick relief.
- Avoid driving after taking Valtec 160mg.
- Do not consume alcohol or marijuana with Valtec.
- Consult your doctor before using Valtec 160mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.