About Velosef 250mg Capsule
Velosef 250mg Capsule is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as; upper respiratory tract infections, otitis media, sinusitis, laryngotracheobronchitis, lower respiratory tract infections, cystitis, bronchopneumonia, urinary tract infections, impetigo, cellulitis, skin and soft tissue infections, and furunculosis.
How effective is Velosef 250mg?
Velosef 250mg Capsule is composed of Cephradine, which belongs to a group of medicines known as cephalosporin antibiotics. Velosef 250mg shows effectiveness by stopping the growth of bacteria and eventually killing them. Velosef 250mg is effective only against bacterial infections and will not work for virus infections like flu and the common cold.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 capsule of Velosef 250mg 1-2 times a day, or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), the usual dose of Velosef 250mg is 25mg/kg.
If you have any queries about Velosef 250mg capsule, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Velosef 250mg?
Some side-effects may be caused by Velosef 250mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Yellowing of eyes or skin
- Unusual bleeding
- Tightness in your chest
- Flu symptoms
Velosef 250mg capsule’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Velosef 250mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially with your doctor, before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Velosef.
- Do take an overdose of Velosef 250mg for quick relief.
- Do not consume alcohol with Velosef.
- Avoid driving after taking Velosef 250mg.
- Do not suck or chew Velosef 250mg and swallow it.
- Consult your doctor before using Velosef 250mg capsule if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.