About Viptin Met 50/500mg Tablet
Viptin Met 50/500mg Tablet is used with a healthy diet and proper exercise to control high blood pressure in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How effective is Viptin Met 50/500mg?
Viptin Met 50/500mg Tablet is composed of Vildagliptin + Metformin. Vildagliptin belongs to a group of medicines known as dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibitors. Metformin belongs to a group of medicine known as biguanides. Viptin Met 50/500mg shows effectiveness by reducing the amount of glucose made by the liver. Viptin Met 50/500mg also helps to increase the release of insulin.
What dose should I choose?
For adults (above 18), 1 tablet of Viptin Met 50/500mg 1-2 times a day or prescribed by the doctor.
For children (below 17), Viptin Met 50/500mg is not recommended.
If you have any queries about Viptin Met 50/500mg, please contact your doctor.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Viptin Met 50/500mg?
Some side effects may be caused by Viptin Met 50/500mg, but they are extremely rare.
Common side-effects are;
- Physical weakness
- Abdominal pain
Some serious side effects may also occur;
- Back pain
- Muscle pain
- Low blood sugar
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Low blood levels of vitamin B-12
Viptin Met’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Viptin Met 50/500mg without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history, especially of kidney disease, heart problems, and liver problems, with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Viptin Met.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Do not take an overdose of Viptin Met 50/500mg for quick relief.
- Avoid driving after taking Viptin Met 50/500mg.
- Do not consume alcohol or marijuana with Viptin Met.
- Consult your doctor before using Viptin Met 50/500mg if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.