Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S was created to bring relief to patients suffering from allergies and allergic reactions by working blocking histamine and its effects on the human body.A tablet or two per day is commonly prescribed to patients to be ingested either with or without food.The dosage of Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is dependent upon the patient’s age,medical condition,patient’s response to the drug,any medications patient might be having along with Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S and any adverse effects felt by the patient.It is recommended that patients ingest Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S at the same time each day and put an alarm as a reminder if need be.Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is found in both syrup and tablet form.
Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is safe to be prescribed to patients over the age of 6 months but is considered relatively unsafe to be recommended to expecting and lactating women.The intake of alcohol is prohibited while undergoing treatment with Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S as it may cause extreme drowsiness.If the patient is having other prescription drugs along with Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S it is imperative that they inform their doctor before taking Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S as drugs such as antidiabetic,narcotics and certain antiseizure medications are said to interact with Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S negatively.
Adverse effects of Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S are rarely felt and effects such as headache,fatigue and drowsiness tend to resolve on their own in a few hours to days time.If you miss a dose of the medication, make sure you take it as soon as possible on that same day.If you don’t remember you missed the dose until the next day,do not double the dose and take your medication as per schedule.
Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S can be used to treat:
- Allergic disorders
- Contact dermatitis
How Does Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S Work
Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S belongs to a group of chemicals known as antihistamines that work by blocking histamine and its effects on the human body.Histamine is a natural substance found in the body that is very helpful in helping the immune system fight external and harmful invaders but in reaction with pollen,insect bites and other irritants can lead to an allergic reaction which Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S can successfully prevent.
How To Use Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S
Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is to be ingested orally (by mouth),once or twice daily either with or without food with plenty of water to help the easy flow of the tablet into the throat.Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is not to be chewed or crushed but rather to be ingested whole.Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S’s dosage may differ for each patient as the treatment regime for each patient depends upon their weight,stage of illness,each patient’s response to Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S and any pre-existing medical condition a patient might have.Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is available in tablet and syrup form.
It is advised that the drug is taken at the same time each day,an alarm can be placed to remind patients to take Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S at the proper time each day.If patient misses a dose of Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S,they should take it immediately but if the time for the next dose of the drug is near then its beneficial for patients to skip the missed dose and take the tablets as per schedule,doubling of doses has proven to cause severe side effects.Patients are asked to not stop ingesting Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S without the consent of a physician as that may result in worsening of symptoms and wheezing,Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is a long term treatment plan as it may takes a few months for the complete removal of symptoms felt by the patient.Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S causes dizziness and thus,its advised to not allow patients to drive or operate heavy machinery after ingesting this drug.
2 tablets a day are commonly prescribed in tablet form.If a patient wants to ingest Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is syrup form then two tablespoons should suffice.
Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is safe to be prescribed to children aged 6 months and above;their dosages depend upon each patient’s weight,age,stage of illness and any other medical illness the patient might be suffering from.Patients ages 3 years and older are commonly prescribed 5ml once or twice daily.
Patients aged 65 years and older are usually prescribed a lower dosage of Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S in the beginning of treatment.After a grace period of two weeks,if the patient doesn’t experience any side effects,dosage can be increased with the consent and care of a physician.
Pregnancy Use And Lactation
Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is only prescribed to pregnant women when absolutely necessary.Patients who are breastfeeding their children cannot be prescribed this drug as Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S passes into breast milk in trace amounts and has shown evidence of causing harm to the child.
Please tell your doctor if you have a history of any of the following before using Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S:
- Allergy to Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S or any other medicine (especially any antibiotic) or food substance
- Children aged 3 years and/or younger
Please tell your doctor about any of the following conditions before using Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S:
- Alcohol intake
- Contact lens
Interactions With Other Medications
Please tell your doctor about the use of the following before using Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S
- Antidiabetic medications
- Anitanxiety medications
- Sleeping drugs
- Muscle relaxants
- Antiseizure medications
- Cough medicines
Common Adverse Effects
Like most medicines,Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S has certain side effects which include:
- Flu like symptoms
- Burning or stinging in the eye (when used as an eye drop)
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
These effects tend to be mild and resolve in a few days of applying Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S.
Rare Adverse Effects
If any of the following adverse effects are seen or felt,the patient is advised to immediately contact their doctor.
- Stomach pain
- Yellowing of eyes and skin
- Discomfort while urinating
- Nose bleeds
How To Cope With Some Of The Adverse Effects
- Headaches- In which case make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids. Avoid the use of alcohol. Take a prescribed painkiller. Consult your doctor if the headaches last longer than a week or are severe.
- Flu-like symptoms- To manage symptoms,patients are advised to drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest and sleep.Take an antihistamine,a nasal decongestant or a lozenge to feel better when needed.
- Feeling dizzy (lightheaded) or weak –If the medication makes you feel dizzy or weak, stop what you’re doing and sit or lie down until you feel better and do not rise too fast or immediately from a sitting or lying down position to a standing posture. Do not drive or use tools or machinery in case of any of these effects.
- Dry Mouth- Can be helped by sipping water throughout the day,chewing sugarless gum and using alcohol free mouthwash,allowing ice to melt in the mouth or using a saliva substitute.
Key Facts About Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S
- A or two tablets of Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is prescribed per day
- Alcohol intake is not recommended while undergoing treatment with Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S
- Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S can be found in tablet and syrup form
- Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is safe to be prescribed to children aged 6 months and above
- Zatofen 1mg Tablet 10.0 ‘S is prescribed to patients suffering from asthmatic symptoms and allergies